Historic Interpreter & Seamsperson (Seasonal)
Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village (BNHV) is seeking a personable and energetic individual to serve as a part-time Seasonal Historic Interpreter & Seamsperson in our Historic Village for the 2021 season. Demonstrators must dress in appropriate 19th century attire and engage visitors while performing sewing demonstrations and/or presenting on related historic topics.
This position reports to the Director of Collections & Interpretation.
Compensation is $12.50 per hour.
● Engage visitors and lead dialogue in a variety of 19th century seamsperson-related topics.
● Perform sewing demonstrations pertaining to the agricultural and rural history of WNY.
● Mend and/or produce pieces for the BNHV Costume Collection and Historic Village Buildings, as needed.
Hours and Schedule
● Seasonal Part Time (May 1 - October 30)
● All Seasonal Part Time staff are required to attend an orientation session before season open.
● Hours are primarily Saturdays, 10:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m., as well as additional hours for Community Events and special tours as assigned (primarily Friday evening, Saturday, Sunday).
● Applicants should have an interest in and passion for 19th century history and agricultural and rural heritage.
● Applicants should be comfortable speaking with visitors and performing demonstrations.
● Previous experience in mending and sewing is required.
● Previous experience in theater, leading tours, or customer service is beneficial.
● Successful applicants must complete a background check.
All necessary historic costuming and tools will be provided by BNHV.
To Apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org March 1st. In your cover letter, please explain why you are interested in working as an Artisan Demonstrator at BNHV and explain any prior experience or relevant skills. Please, no phone calls.
Home News Blog Donate Contact Us
Sitemap | Terms