Home News Contact Us
Position: Farm Office Manager
Claude Moore Colonial Farm
The Claude Moore Colonial Farm at Turkey Run is a living history museum that portrays family life on a small, low-income farm just prior to the Revolutionary War. This privately funded and operated National Park site, located in McLean, Virginia, has served more than 2 million visitors since it opened in 1973.
Description: Our living history museum needs a reliable, well-organized Farm Office Manager to oversee day-to-day administrative operations with a focus on efficiency and time management. The Farm Office Manager will support the staff by developing and streamlining administrative procedures, and ensure that all office equipment is functioning properly.
Publish the bi-monthly newsletter and the weekly information e-mail message
· Efficiency, self-motivation and the ability to work independently with good judgment while working under minimal supervision are imperative
· Experience in Office Management, preferred
· Familiarity with Microsoft Office products
· Good people and teamwork skills with the ability to work well with the public, staff and volunteers
· As we are a working farm, all applicants should be prepared and able to work in a variety of weather and less than conventional working conditions
· This position requires occasional weekend and evening work
Interested applicants should e-mail a cover letter, resume, and three references to
Daniel Gray at email@example.com or by mail to:
Attn: Daniel Gray
Farm Site Manager
6310 Georgetown Pike
McLean, VA 22101
Compensation: $27,000; federal holidays observance, casual work environment, three weeks of vacation, and free parking. Please note there will be a 3-month probationary period beginning on hire date.
Sitemap | Terms