Position Title: Exhibit Coordinator
Facility: Fort Bend Museum/DeWalt Heritage Center
Hourly: Full-time – 40 hours per week, position requiring occasional evening and weekend hours
Supervisor: Museum Site Director, Fort Bend Museum
Pay Rate: $30,000-$32,000 with benefits
- Develops, plans, and implements various museum activities such as special displays, exhibits, guided tours, and related educational programs in conjunction with the Education and Engagement Coordinator, for adults and children. Plans and hosts exhibit opening reception, programs, and events.
- Prepares reports and correspondence related to museum operations. Performs routine office and administrative tasks.
- Works with the Chief Curator of Collections to enhance coordination between museum and the collection.
- In conjunction with the curator, ensure that all museum properties are properly maintained and stored. Regularly inspects museum premises and collections to ensure the preservation and safety of all holdings. Implements methods for preservation and conservation of artifacts in keeping with modern museum practices.
- Establishes and maintains partnerships with community and state organizations to promote awareness of the FBHA collection.
- Assists with FBHA fund raising efforts and events as needed.
- Supervises the museum volunteer program including the recruitment, scheduling, training, direction, and evaluation of volunteers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Museum Studies, History, or closely related field or commensurate experience
- Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- Exceptional research and writing skills.
- Knowledge of the curatorial field and best museum practices.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, including ability to work independently and prioritize multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- Working knowledge of PastPerfect, and Microsoft Office preferred.
Send resumes to email@example.com