Position opens: October 1st, 2021
Camlann Medieval Association is seeking a career minded, flexible, motivated staff person to train for Executive Director overseeing and developing our living history museum programs.
Compensation: $48,000 per yr ($2,400/mo. salary, plus a 1 bedroom apartment and utilities valued at $1,600/mo.).
This position will require 40-50 hrs per week (Wednesday through Sunday) including some weekend evenings.
Camlann village is an independent living history museum, founded in1984, dedicated to the portrayal of daily life, old world crafts, and visual/performing arts in rural 14th century England, reflecting their significance in today’s post industrial, high-tech society.
Position Requirements: Our ideal candidate has:
• Four or more years of work experience or equivalent in historical interpretation and program development
• A strong interest in medieval culture based upon formal or informal education.
• First person interpretive skills to portray a 14th C. person’s life experiences
• Interpersonal skills to facilitate interactions with participants and visitors
• An appetite for learning, and ability to undertake physical and creative jobs
Administrative (depending on experience) duties will include some combination of the following:
• Office management, computer skills, program planning, publicity
• Payroll, budget development, fundraising, grant writing
• Research, writing, seminar and workshop presentations
• Collections acquisition, inventory, and preservation
• Interpreter participation, training, coordination and support
• Animal care and feeding (we have two sheep).
Bors Hede (restaurant) duties will include occasional food prep, cooking, cleanup or serving for special events.
Other Village Activities that you may help coordinate:
• Hand crafts, Site maintenance, Construction, Festival Performances.
Call Roger Shell, Executive Director: (425) 788-1945
Send an introductory letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
or to: Camlann Medieval Association
10320 Kelly Road NE Carnation, WA 98014
Home News Blog Donate Contact Us
Sitemap | Terms