Historic St. Mary’s City seeks a Grounds Supervisor, Historic St. Mary's City (HSMC) is a museum of living history and archaeology located on the site of Maryland’s first capital (1634-1695). Decades of research are the foundation of exhibits assembled across the landscape. Recreated structures in the historic town center, a Woodland Indian hamlet, a tall ship, and a tobacco plantation staffed by costumed or uniformed interpreters help visitors understand the stories of Maryland’s founding
HSMC is one of Southern Maryland’s leading tourism attractions and hosts an active school tour program. The museum’s collections are a resource for professional archaeologists, scholars, and college students. The HSMC colonial archaeology field school, the longest running field school in the nation, attracts students from all over the United States as well as from other countries. The museum is an independent instrumentality of the State of Maryland, within the Office of the Governor.
Reporting to the Director of Facilities & Grounds, the Grounds Supervisor serves as the grounds crew supervisor for daily operations. The incumbent will assign and ensure completion of daily tasks by full time and seasonal grounds crews in a variety of tasks related to the upkeep of the museum grounds. The Grounds Supervisor is considered a working team member of the Department of Facilities & Grounds and will contribute labor and share expertise with the entire department as necessary to ensure smooth operations.
The incumbent will work closely with the Director of Facilities & Grounds to develop and implement landscape plan to ensure property managed by HSMC is in compliance with Critical Area regulations, museum interpretive objectives and approved horticultural objectives.
Essential Functions include but are not limited to:
· Ensure projects completed by grounds staff maintain the high integrity of HSMC in quality and appearance.
Secondary Functions include but not limited to:
· To ensure safe and productive operations, regularly inspect, service, and perform minor repairs to equipment such as tractors, trucks, lawn mowers and tools. Work with supervisor in assessing and budgeting for the maintenance and replacement of grounds equipment.
Additional Responsibilities and other duties as assigned:
· Demonstrate leadership through organizational support, reliability and productivity.
· Required to follow HSMC safety regulations in the performance of all duties.
· As necessary, work weekends to provide maintenance support for museum operations.
· Work with volunteers and other staff members outside of the Grounds and Maintenance department.
· Other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor.
Education, and Experience:
· H.S. Diploma or equivalent
· Prefer one year minimum experience as an apprentice in one or more of the following trades: Carpentry, Painting, Electrical, Plumbing, HVAC
Salary - $42,000 - $49,900
To review the complete position description, please submit your request to PorziaP@digshistory.org
To apply please submit your letter of application, resume and three references to PorziaP@digshistory.org
Historic St. Mary’s City is an equal opportunity employer.
Home News Blog Donate Contact Us
Sitemap | Terms