The Camlann Medieval Village is seeking a career minded, flexible, motivated staff person to work with our Executive Director overseeing and developing our living history museum programs.
Compensation: $48,000 per yr ($2,400/mo. salary, plus a 1 bed apartment and utilities valued at $1,600/mo.).
This position will require 40-50 hrs per week (Wednesday through Sunday) including some weekend evenings.
Camlann village is an independent living history museum, founded in1984, dedicated to the portrayal of daily life, old world crafts, and visual/performing arts in rural 14th century England, reflecting their significance in today’s post industrial, high-tech society.
Position Requirements: Our ideal candidate has:
• Four or more years of work experience or equivalent in historical interpretation and program development
• A strong interest in medieval culture based upon relevant formal or informal education
• First person interpretive skills that will be needed to portray a 14th century person’s life experiences
• Excellent interpersonal skills with participants and visitors
• An appetite for learning new skills, and the ability to undertake physical as well as creative jobs
Administrative (depending on experience) duties will include some combination of the following:
• Office management, computer skills, program planning, and publicity
• Payroll, budget development, fundraising, and grant writing
• Research, writing, seminar and workshop presentations
• Collections acquisition, inventory, and preservation
• Volunteer training, coordination and support
• Animal care and feeding (we have two sheep)
Bors Hede (restaurant) duties will include occasional food prep, cooking, cleanup or serving.
Other Camlann Activities, depending on your skills, may include:
• Textiles: shearing, spinning, weaving, clothing construction and maintenance
• Hand crafts: pottery, baskets, woodworking, calligraphy, art, candle making, etc.
• Light site work: historical herb and vegetable gardens, leaf raking, wattle fencing
• Construction: timber-frame buildings, wattle and daub construction and repairs
• Performances: early music, dancing, poetry, storytelling, drama
Call Roger Shell, Executive Director: (425) 788-1945
Send an introductory letter and résumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Camlann Medieval Association
10320 Kelly Road NE Carnation, WA 98014
Home News Blog Donate Contact Us
Sitemap | Terms