Home News Contact Us
This full-time position provides assistance to the 1860s Ryon Prairie Home and Site Lead with the goal to provide credible authentic interpretive programs around the Park including but not limited to educational programming, family programming, and related special events
Workweek: Tuesday through Saturday, with occasional variances.
Compensation: Full-time Hourly. Excellent benefit package includes health and life insurance; 10 days paid vacation, 11 paid holidays and 6 sick leave days annually.
1) Management Assistance:
a) Provide support and assistance to Site Lead for a specific site.
b) Assist Site Lead in site management and daily operations as instructed.
a) Share the history of cattle drives, the chuckwagon and the 1860s Ryon Ranch with guests of all ages during public programing and school programs.
b) Participate fully in school programs as educator and instructor, handling groups of 25+ independently.
c) Perform daily chores including maintaining the site, cooking with dutch ovens and other site-related tasks that may be needed.
d) Help provide costumed historical home tours of one of the four historic sites and ensure positive guest interactions.
e) In conjunction with the Site Lead, assist in program planning and implementation of public programs.
a) Participate in daily chores (includes handling chickens and pigs and the occasional assorted wildlife) on the sites as assigned by the site leads and follow instructions given by the Sites Lead and Programs Director.
b) Represents the George Ranch Historical Park as needed with organizations and individuals requesting historical knowledge or expertise.
· Must believe in and promote GRHP’s mission and act in accordance with GRHP policies and procedures.
· Must display emotional stability and mature judgment
· Must be customer service oriented, be able to communicate effectively, and be organized.
· Must be able to foster teamwork; Must be able to positively motivate additional on-site staff and volunteers.
· Ability to work both independently and as a contributing member of a peer management team.
· Superior written and verbal communication skills.
· Must be able to analyze and problem solve in order to identify, research and solve a wide range of work related problems.
· Routinely moves furniture, program items and other heavy equipment weighing up to 50 pounds
· Must be comfortable in an unairconditoned space and must be able to facilitate moving house tours for long periods of time.
Interested candidates should send a letter of interest, current resume or CV, and 3 references to:
Krystal Willeby, Director of Programs George Ranch Historical Park
Sitemap | Terms