Home News Contact Us
JOB PURPOSE: To assist the Education & Events Coordinator with a wide variety of administrative and program support services. Interacts with all foundation staff, however, primary day-to-day interaction is held with Applewood staff, volunteers and vendors.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assists in development, preparation, implementation and evaluation of programs that support and demonstrate the mission, vision and values of the foundation.
2. Assists in training, orientation and communication with volunteers.
3. Provides administrative support for including bookkeeping and collecting and reporting on statistical data.
4. Manages program and event food-related activities consistent with standards of the Michigan Department of Health and with Applewood’s gracious hospitality standards. Refreshments will use Applewood and locally-grown/raised products to the extent possible, promote biodegradable serving ware, and reflect portion control and allergen/dietary issues sensitivity.
5. Creates relationships with Flint businesses, community organizations and residents.
6. Manages project-specific groups of volunteers both on- and off-site.
7. Assists with off-hour programming and outreach efforts.
8. Maintains detailed cost and inventory records to support stewardship of foundation resources.
9. Ensures that Applewood produce is processed for future public use or donated to local organizations.
10. Assists with on-site convenings.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
May need to travel up and down stairs; bend, stoop, and lift to move materials; to pull/push, lift and carry up to 40 pounds; and to reach both above and below shoulder height. Ability to sit at a computer monitor for long periods of time.
The above job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the tasks that may be assigned but rather to give the employee a general sense of responsibilities and expectations of the position. As the nature of business demands change so too may the essential functions of this position
Sitemap | Terms