Artisan Demonstrator & Brewing Coordinator (Seasonal)
Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village (BNHV) is seeking a personable and energetic individual to serve as a part-time Seasonal Artisan Demonstrator in our Brewer’s Cottage for the 2021 season. Brewing Coordinator must dress in appropriate 19th century attire and engage visitors while performing demonstrations related to historic brewing. The Brewing Coordinator will also be responsible for managing group brewing projects as part of the Community Artisan Village (CAV) initiative.
This position reports to the Director of Collections & Interpretation.
Compensation is $12.50 per hour.
● Serve as CAV Brewing Coordinator.
● Act as the liaison between up to five (5) CAV Brewing members and the Director of Collections & Interpretation.
● Coordinate CAV Brewing Member activities for the season in collaboration with the Director of Collections & Interpretation. This includes activity planning, implementation and supervision; documenting group activities through photo and/or video capture; and submitting season plans and supply requests to the Director of Collections & Interpretation.
● Perform and lead demonstrations pertaining to the history and process of historic brewing (beer, cider, and/or mead).
Hours and Schedule
● Seasonal Part Time (May 1 - October 30)
● All Seasonal Part Time staff are required to attend an orientation session before season open.
● Hours are primarily Saturdays, 10:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m., as well as additional hours for Community Events and special tours as assigned (primarily Friday evening, Saturday, Sunday).
● Applicants should have an interest in and passion for 19th century history and artisan heritage.
● Previous knowledge of and experience in brewing is required. Applicants should be comfortable speaking with visitors, and leading and performing demonstrations of the craft.
● Previous experience in theater, leading tours, or customer service is beneficial.
● Successful applicants must complete a background check.
All necessary historic costuming and tools will be provided by BNHV.
To Apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 1st. In your cover letter, please explain why you are interested in working as an Artisan Demonstrator at BNHV and explain any prior experience or relevant skills. Please, no phone calls.
Home News Blog Donate Contact Us
Sitemap | Terms