Products and Services Useful to ALHFAM Members
This listing of commerical vendors is our only advertising section. All those listed are ALHFAM Business Associate members. Links are provided to their web sites, or to an email address for the company.
The Cherry Valley Group - Innovation for Cultural Institutions - Providing assistance to museums and cultural oraganizations in Organizational Management, Interpretation & Public Programming, Exhibitions, Collections & Curatorial Services and Operations & General Services.
- Clippership Publications - Books for a one room schoolhouse. Faithful reproductions or recreations of the Primers and other children's books used in 19th century schools and homes.
specializing in the development of signage for interpretive and historical uses, Interpretive Graphics offers services ranging from initial planning and design through production graphics and fabrication.
Mars Chocolate North America
- M. Christine Castle (Ph.D. Education; M.A.Teaching-Museum Education), museum consultant and educator, specializes in training and development for staff, volunteers, docents, and board members at history museums and historic sites.
manufactures American Heritage Chocolate – an authentic Colonial Chocolate recipe, made only with ingredients available during the 17th century. American Heritage Chocolate offers a selection of authentic products from the days of our ancestors. You can read the history, order the chocolate, and even cook up some of the historic recipes, or use them in your favorite current recipe.
Marketing Early America can assist you with a variety of marketing, communications, administration, fundraising, and website development tasks. We work with you to complete the project to your specifications.
Opportunity Resources Inc. is a nationally recognized executive search firm with over 30 years of experience specializing in non-profit cultural organizations. We have successfully filled hundreds of CEO and senior positions for client institutions in all disciplines nationwide. Our process is consultative, all-inclusive and continues through an offer and acceptance.
SAMPLING OF EXECUTIVE SEARCHES: Agua Caliente Cultural Museum, Palm Springs, CA; Shaker Village of Pleasant Hill, KY; Fort Wayne Museum of Art, IN; Haggerty Museum of Art – Marquette University, Milwaukee, WI; Hillwood Museum and Gardens, Washington, DC; Museum of Fine Arts, St. Petersburg, FL; Philbrook Museum of Art, Tulsa, OK; Corning Museum of Glass, NY; Sheldon Museum of Art, University of Nebraska, Lincoln, NE; Hunter Museum of American Art, Chattanooga, TN; Portland Art Museum, OR; Wisconsin Historical Society, Madison, WI
- Paul's Historical Products As America’s original natural apothecary manufacturer since 1868, Watkins uses only the finest natural ingredients in its diverse lines of personal care, home care, remedies and organic flavorings. Please us my associate number 383114 when ordering any product.
- POOPOOPAPER CO. crafts natural and odorless paper products made from cow, horse, donkey, elephant and other types of poo! Playfully outrageous journals, notepads, picture frames, albums, greeting cards all with an underlying message of sustainability. Custom design programs available too!
- Quartermaster Shop Welcome to QUARTERMASTER SHOP, where quality historical reproduction military uniforms and men's clothing have been expertly tailored here in the USA for over 30 years! We focus on the time period of 1833-1899. Check out the "Old West Clothing" and "Civilian Clothing" sections for your historic park clothing needs.
- Stiftelsen Jamtlands Lans Museum
- Tillers International Training programs on the use of oxen and draft horses, blacksmithing, timberframe construction and other useful skills for living history programs.
- Toolemera Press Ephemera & Books on Early Tools, Trades, Crafts and Industries.
- Trillium Dell Timberworks Trillium Dell timber frame structures are built with craftsmanship and sustainability. Our products and services include timber frame home construction and historic restoration, as well as timber elements such as porches, trusses, and additons. We build primarily in the midwest, but work throughout the United States.
- Victor Trading Company & Manufacturing Works Hand made brooms, tin ware -- especially historic cookie cutters -- letterpress printing, beeswax candles, and more, produced by Sam & Karen Morrison.
- Westmoore Pottery Handmade pottery -- redware, salt-glazed stoneware and green-glazed wares. Replicas of 17th, 18th and early 19th-century pottery. We also carry high quality handblown glass replicas from the 16th, 17th, 18th, and early 19th centuries.
Our thanks to these supporters of the ALHFAM website.
For information on becoming a Business Associate and listing your commerical web site on this page contact the web site manager or go to our Business Membership Page
What's NewFull-Time Positions
(Added On: May 16th, 2013)
ALHFAM e-Update for This Month
ALHFAM Annual Meeting & Conference 2013 - Last Day for Early Bird Discount
(Added On: May 15th, 2013)
Internships & Apprentice Opportunities
(Added On: May 15th, 2013)
Latest Bulletin Issue On-line - Spring 2013
ALHFAM & ALHFAMers in the News
(Added On: May 2nd, 2013)
Part-Time & Seasonal Positions
(Added On: May 2nd, 2013)
2013 National Underground Railroad Conference
(Added On: April 26th, 2013)
The Conference on New York State History
(Added On: April 23rd, 2013)
International Conference "Living Animals In Museums Activity"
(Added On: April 15th, 2013)
2013 ALHFAM Membership Directory
Order The 2011 Proceedings
(Added On: May 10th, 2012)
Book on the International History of Open Air Museums Available Exclusively Through ALHFAM
(Added On: October 4th, 2010)